The autumn season is characterised by leaves turning from lush greens to fiery orange or rust, making it the perfect time to consider matching the autumnal splendour in a new hair colour shade. The rich and varied palette that the season comes with, presents fashion enthusiasts and hair colour experts with endless inspirations to draw from. Starting from deep burgundies to warm caramels, hair colour options for autumn evoke the cosiness of a crackling fire, the crunch of fallen leaves underfoot, and the comforting aroma of spiced cider.
If you are looking to add a subtle volume or make a bold statement, there are numerous shades for you to choose from. Embrace the changing season and brighten up your locks with a touch of autumnal magic.
In this blog, we have listed a few hair colour options for you to flaunt this autumn.
Autumn Hair Colours 2023: Our Top Picks
- Subtle Brown Highlights: For the past few years, we have witnessed highlights, particularly blonde strands over dark hair as a popular trend for a dramatic look. But, this year’s hottest trend is all about highlights in brown tones, perfectly suitable for brunettes with naturally dark hair.
- Chocolate Colour: Rich and decadent, chocolate hues give a natural and stunning definition to your features and are perfect for this season. It is a versatile colour that can be tailored to suit any skin tone or hair type and is a popular choice if you want to add a touch of drama to your hair. Golden blonde face-framing highlights accentuate the look better.
- Bronze Hair: Of all the hair colour options, the warm shade, bronze, is a popular choice for fall that suits every skin tone. This golden-brown shade adds depth and dimension to your hair and is perfect for anyone who wishes to add a warm touch to their hair without creating an extremely bold statement. Add a lighter cinnamon tone closer to your face to get the right accent to this style.
- Warm Brown Balayage: This stylish and sophisticated hair colour blends perfectly with dark roots to lighter ends and creates a natural-looking gradient effect. Along with adding depth and dimension to your hair, warn brown balayage highlights your facial features. This shade is best suited for you if you want a subtle update to your natural hair colour as it is characterised by warm, caramel tones to give you the glowing sun-kissed look, without going entirely blonde. Balayage also adds a touch of richness and depth to your hair, making it look healthier and more vibrant.
- Black Hair Balayage: Autumn creates a trend for calmer, more natural shades, unlike spring or summer which can pull off any hair colour. Similar to brown balayage, the black hair balayage technique involves hand-painting highlights onto black hair. Since balayage is freehand, unlike traditional highlights that uses foil to separate hair sections, the possibility of customisation and subtle blend of colours increases.
- Creamy Blonde with Cool Highlights: Among all the hair colours, creamy blonde with cool highlights is the most interesting shade this autumn. It will look exceptionally gorgeous if you have long hair. This hair colour involves adding cool-toned highlights to a base of creamy blonde and can be created using different shades like ash blonde, silver, or platinum that creates both contrast and dimension. Creamy blonde with cool highlights involves adding cool-toned highlights to a base of creamy blonde, giving an edgy style to a natural look. This versatile colour works perfectly for every skin tone.
As suggested by several experts across the globe, autumn is the best time to experiment with warm, rich hair colours that complements the season.
If you’re considering adding a warm bright shade to your locks this autumn, Davroe, American Crew, Dateline, Revlon, Punky Colour, Hi Lift, and Olaplex, are some of the popular hair colours brands in Australia that you might want to try out.
SSS Hair is Anthony Nader, Australia’s multi-award winning, and International hair stylist’s venture. If you are looking for the best hair colour for sale online, browse through the SSS Hair website and shop for the best hair colour that would suit you best.