HOW DO I CHOOSE BETWEEN AN ORIGINAL OR W I D E HEAT STYLER?
Straighteners aren't a one-size-fits-all deal. The right plate size depends on your hair texture and length as well as your styling goals. When it comes to straighteners, there isn’t just one kind. Manufacturers release a lot of variants with different attributes that are claimed to tackle separate parts of your hair and to be better for certain types. The right straightener can give you straight, sophisticated look with a luxurious glossy shine. Choosing the right plate size for your hair texture, hair length, and styling needs can help you reduce damage whilst still achieving envy-inducing locks. Here's what you need to know.
Why Does Plate Size Matter?
It's simple physics: the larger the plates, the more heat will be applied to your hair. Larger plates also make it easier to style larger sections of hair. If you have very coarse or curly hair, wide plates produce results more quickly and eliminate the need to straighten the same section of hair over and over again. Slim plates, by contrast, are less damaging, since they expose each section of hair to slightly less heat. Plate size isn't the only factor affecting heat concentration and results. The type of plate can affect how evenly heat is applied to your hair, and how quickly the straightener heats up.
A W I D E HEAT STYLER MAY BE BETTER FOR YOU IF:
· Your hair is coarse or very thick.
· Your hair is curly and tends to be difficult to straighten.
· You have strong, resilient hair that isn't prone to damage due to excess heat.
· Your hair tends to get frizzy as the day goes on.
· You can easily go two days between shampoos.
AN ORIGINAL HEAT STYLER MAY BE BETTER FOR YOU IF:
· You frequently travel and need a compact size straightener.
· You have very fine hair that is easily straightened.
· You have damaged hair and want to minimise heat-styling time.
· Your hair is mostly straight and just needs a quick run-through to adopt the texture you want.